March 31, 2012

Who Are We?

Welcome to the new location for information about the Daughters of the King in the Diocese of the Rio Grande.
We are a diverse membership of women seeking to follow the Rules of the Order: Prayer and Service, esp. to women and girls.
We serve at the altar and we serve in the community through food banks and other outreach.
We are active in church activities and in the workplace and home.
We are students, mothers, lawyers, administrative workers, wives, teachers, and many other titles.
We are most completely Princesses-Daughters of the King (of Kings).
We are women and girls from age 7-107 who seek to be faithful Christian women.
Each of us is led in our calling by our Lord and Savior and inspired by the motto of the Order:

For His Sake
I am but one, but I am one
I cannot do everything,
But I can do something.
What I can do, I ought to do.
What I ought to do,
By the Grace of God, I will do.
Lord, what will you have me do?



  This photo shows the National DOK board at the altar during the closing Eucharist of the last Trienniel Convention of the DOK. All interested women in the Episcopal, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, and Anglican Communions are welcome to join. Click on the Chapters tab to find a church and chapter near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment